Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I Made Wednesday {Halloween Paint Chip Pennant}

Halloween is less than a week away and there's time for just one more last-minute Halloween project. If you've been a reader for a bit you might recall a similar paint chip project I did back in July. Click here for all the details. I only made some slight modifications from the original project and I incorporated a great free printable from the adorable Vanessa from nifty thrifty things. It's easy and cheap, but soo cute. I'm not sure what it is about pennants, but they make my heart flutter.

What You'll Need
Paint chip samples in your favorite fall colors
Twine, as long as you need
Pinking shears
Scissors
Ruler
Pencil
Hole Punch
Free printable from nifty thrifty things post from Oct. 18, 2011


What You'll Do
If you need a step-by-step, please refer to my July post. There were some modifications this time around like cutting the paint sample pennants with pinking shears to get that jagged edge. After punching holes for the twine to weave through, I made sure to incorporate Vanessa's cute printable into the color pattern.

What You'll Need to Know to Finish
I don't have room in my house to make and store the holiday specific crafts I create so I make sure many of my crafts do double duty. Click here to see my most versatile craft to date! When Halloween is over I'm soooooo hoping Vanessa will create another free printable with cute Thanksgiving art. If that happens, then I'll switch out the Halloween pennants but keep the other pennants as is. The colors I chose work great for both holidays!

Is your house all decked out for Halloween?
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Such a perfect way to decorate - I'm thinking our front a back porches would look festive using this idea. Love your mantle - I'm so sad during the fall/winter that we don't have a fireplace - but we make up for it around the firepit in the backyard.

xoxo michele

I am LOVD said...

Funny, up here in Ohio a fireplace is like air or water to me. I remember one time we were looking at a home for sale. It was beautiful!!!! I was so infatuated with the home's beauty and floor plan. The next day I was making breakfast, envisioning making breakfast in that beautiful home and I was suddenly stopped in my tracks. It occurred to me there was not a fireplace. Deal breaker, right there! I can't believe I didn't notice but I quickly moved on.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I've never thought of using paint chip samples.

I cut out felt leaf shapes and stitched some veins on them to make a garland for our house.

I'm thinking about making a burlap banner for Thanksgiving though!

Unknown said...

What a great idea!! Festive, colorful, fun, and FREE! Gotta love paint chips! Thanks so much for linking at OAM!

Mae said...

That is adorable! Found you on Followers Fest :)

~mae
maemcconnell.blogspot.com

Debi at Life Currents said...

That's beautiful. Found you on Nifty Thrifty Things. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing this on Crafty Scrappy Happy's Link up Party that I co-hosted -- I just gave you a feature on my favorite link ups! www.pbjstories.blogspot.com
Love the decor!

Pamela @ pbjstories.blogspot.com

Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy said...

I LOVE this my friend!!! SO clever! Thank you so much for sharing!
Jaime

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design